Scuderia AlphaTauri is looking for a passionate and excellent student to join our UK Headquarters as Strategy Engineer Placement Student. During your 13 months' placement in our VPG Department you will conduct live race strategy and competitor analysis during race events from our factory Operation Room and support the development of strategy simulations tools, models and analysis techniques.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
RACE STRATEGY ANALYSIS
Support development of our existing race strategy toolset, related data analysis and predictive models.
Develop data and statistical analysis to create the relevant trackers for strategy and team performance understanding.
Contribute to the event preparation to optimise the run plan and tyre allocation in collaboration with Race Engineering.
Supporting pre-event, in-event and post-race analysis reporting in collaboration with others strategy engineers and tyre engineers.
Provide ideas and suggestion to improve productivity and work efficiency.
Improve, write, and implement methodologies and procedures for the strategy operations.
Interact effectively with our senior strategy software engineer to help building the best toolset for simulation and live decision making.
Supporting strategy engineer in Operation room during all race events.
Liaising with other groups on cross-department development projects.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Be at least 1 year into your undergraduate degree.
- High problem-solving skills, with an attention to quality and details, eager to experience a highly challenging, exposed and dynamic environment, inside the Tyre Engineering and Strategy group.
- Experience in data analytics techniques and software (PowerBI, Tableau).
- Strong knowledge of programming in MATLAB or Python is required, other knowledge in coding language (i.e. C sharp) is an advantage.
- Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence is an advantage.
- Focused on achieving excellence within a fast-paced team environment.
- Working towards a relevant STEM degree, such as AeroSpace, MechEng, CompSci etc.;
- Fluency in English.