In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the wind tunnel model production, assembly and maintenance to meet the requirements of the aerodynamic testing plan
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Work with the Model Shop, Production, Design & Aero Development teams to develop our scale models and working practices to assist in the development of our F1 car.
Produce all necessary parts to support the aero testing programme.
Build & prepare wind tunnel models to the highest standards.
Wind Tunnel Test
Attend WT tests and perform changes on the model under the direction of the Aerodynamicist and in accordance with the defined rota.
Responsibility & Development
Execute day-to-day tasks as requested by the Head of Model Shop, providing a flexible approach and dedication to our continued development.
Create good communication links with the department.
Identify problems & implement improvements across all assigned areas of responsibility.
To work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and be pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department / team/ sponsors.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Automotive and engineering experience ideally in F1.
- Model making experience
- Engineering background preferred.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite).
- High attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
- Ability to scope all tasks thoroughly.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Provide an enthusiastic approach to working in our busy shop.
- Initiative and innovation, with a can do attitude and desire to succeed.
- Ability to work with the team, and colleagues with a flexible approach.