Scuderia AlphaTauri is looking for a Model Designer to work with our team in Bicester (UK). In this role you will be responsible for detail design activities related to model and development components and assemblies that will be used within the context of the wind tunnel test environment. You will ensure that parts are designed in a timely manner for wind tunnel tests and development programs within the department.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Provide wind tunnel test part designs of a high quality.
Reduce lead times and model change times through good design.
Detail design of components and assemblies used in the Wind Tunnel testing and development of F1 car aerodynamic surfaces.
Development of materials used within the Aerodynamics Department to produce both cost and time effective solutions.
Provide flexible attendance and attitude to work both in line with the requirements of the role and any specific requirements of the projects.
Be pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department / team/ sponsors.
Work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set.
Execute the day-to-day tasks including keeping aero tracking systems up to date.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Good overall experience of an F1 design environment.
- Understand the challenges that other Design groups may be faced with Solid foundation of engineering principles and the application of them to engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of CAD is essential (NX is preferable).
- Experience in draughting.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve targets and deliver results within required timescales.
- Initiative and Innovation.
- Have a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Degree level in Engineering
- Fluency in English
- Travel 0-10%