Known globally as one of the most technically challenging racing circuits and home of the Corkscrew, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca is part of the Laguna Seca Recreation Area which is managed by A&D Narigi Consulting, LLC, in beautiful Monterey County, CA.
The Director of Facilities oversees the day-to-day maintenance, upkeep, and operations of the 500+acre Laguna Seca Recreation Area and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
This is a critical position of Laguna Seca Recreation Area and as such requires a seasoned, committed hands-on individual with previous Director-level or similar experience and strong leadership skills who strives to create a safe and efficient work environment.
As Director of Facilities, you are responsible to manage a team of 10 in maintaining and overseeing campgrounds, structures, landscape, racetrack, light and heavy equipment, general maintenance, and overall general conditions including critical infrastructure. During event periods, support for other departments, renters and series is also required. Managing and working in cooperation with various venders is also critical. Budget creation and adherence while developing a positive culture is key. Track preparation and maintenance is currently managed with a seasoned team with Director’s oversite. Adherence to safety protocols and risk management is critical while ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
A. Minimum Experience
- 6 – 8 years of directly related work experience.
- 4 – 8 years as a manager or director in an equivalent area.
- Teamwork/coaching skills
- Ability to oversee the necessary maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all HVAC, plumbing, electrical, asphalt and mechanical problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate with other departments and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to maintain company standards, policies and procedures with staff.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure or emergency situations.
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with staff and other personnel departments.
- Ability to organize, direct, plan and control all facilities activities.
- Ability to effectively maintain all equipment.
- Strong, reading, writing, oral skills.
- Ability to maintain certifications as required to operate equipment, forklift, loader, grader, grad-all and other heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate light equipment and diagnose minor repairs.