The company is looking for a Car Layout and Concept Design Engineer.
The designer will be in charge of setting the layout of cars for motorsport applications, taking into account the different aspects:
• Habitability and ergonomics
• Rules Compliant
The candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Starting from scratch in some cases, and from a basic donor car in others, the candidate must define the car concept, first defining volumes and positions of the main subsystems and setting, and then developing a series of vehicle kinematics and dynamics simulations to define the optimal suspension layout.
- The work will then continue by managing the design and development phases of the car, coordinating from a technical point of view a work team of 5-8 people who will take care of the various subsystems, interfacing and reporting the progress to the project manager and the CTO.
- Master's degree and excellent knowledge of 3D design.
- Experience of at least 6 years in mechanical design in the motor sport field with Catia V5, with at least 3 years of experience in Car Layout and Veichle Concept Definition.
- Excellent knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics and Kinematics notions
- Knowledge of V-grade software would be a plus
- Experience in managing complex 3d models, and handling DMU analysis
- Excellent knowledge of the commercial elements that make up the various vehicle systems, such as systems, electronics, seats and their technical specifications, having a good view of which are the main suppliers of these subsystems.
- Seriousness, teamwork aptitude, availability, motivation, reliability, autonomy, flexibility and good interpersonal skills are a fundamental part of the required profile