PalmerSport is the leading operator of corporate motorsport events and is based at its purpose-built Bedford Autodrome circuit complex. We have a varied fleet of high performance cars, single seater cars and support vehicles to prepare and maintain.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for someone who is ambitious, motivated and hard working to join PalmerSport in the Workshop Manager role. Ideally you will have previous experience in a senior role in a motorsport team, performance vehicle environment or be an ambitious individual within the franchised dealer networks.
This is a key role in the PalmerSport team and has responsibility for ensuring our fleet is correctly and safely maintained for the enjoyment of our guests.
In this role you’ll be:
- Co-ordinating the maintenance and preparation of our extensive vehicle fleet
- Organising the workshop team to react to faults and issues
- Planning and organising routine maintenance and pro-active prevention of longer term issues using your knowledge along with vehicle data logs
- Directing the skilled team in the workshop
- Organising and motivating others to contribute to the team effort
For this role you’ll need:
- Excellent people skills and relevant management experience
- Knowledge of car build, preparation and set-up
- Excellent core engineering skills
- To be highly organised and able to work quickly, accurately and methodically
- A full driving licence
- To be prepared to work evenings and Saturdays as required
- A proactive mentality, flexibility and good problem-solving skills
City and Guilds qualifications, apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications and training would be beneficial. Familiarity with the core MS Office applications is expected.