Experienced Mechanic with an interest in classic car restoration
Based near Trowbridge, Wiltshire.
We are a renowned vehicle restoration and servicing business predominantly working with the great British Heritage brand of Marcos. We also work on various other Classic Cars marques as well serving the local Land Rover owner market.
A rare opportunity has recently arisen for us to bring on board a further experienced mechanic to join our small but beautifully formed specialist team.
As with most small highly dedicated teams, it is important that you are able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own accord whilst maintaining a strong team ethic. It should also go without saying that, as our customers have very high expectations of service and quality of workmanship, we need someone who has similar high standards in regards to their own personal output.
Salary from £30,000 dependant on skill level and experience
Duties and responsibilities:
· Maintaining vehicles, carrying out routine servicing, maintenance and repair
· Engine, gearbox and rear axle removal
· Full vehicle restoration
· Mechanical and electrical repairs
· Race prep
· Minimum 8+ years of working with classic cars and/or vehicle restoration
· Strong understanding of vehicle mechanics and electrics
· Good problem-solving skills with an excellent attention to detail
· Formal industry qualification i.e. City & Guilds or equivalent is preferred
· Hold a valid UK driving license
· Hours 08.30 am to 17.00pm (with 30 mins for lunch) Monday to Friday
· 20 days + Bank holidays (period runs from 1st Jan to 31st Dec)
· It is expected that employees will use their own hand tools
· Training is provided where required
· Good long- term prospects within long established company