Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
With the aim of making the new commitment to motorsports and to participating in an international race series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is setting up a team to develop a high-performance drive system. As part of the internal combustion engine development division, you will apply your key skills working in an international team in Neuburg a. d. Donau with framework conditions that enable you to actively shape your day-to-day work.
In return, we offer you an attractive package of benefits for maximum flexibility, personal development, attention to your heath, and, above all, pleasure in what you do.
In the internal combustion engine development division, you will work on the thermodynamic and mechanical development of a high-performance powertrain. Your assignment will be to develop the maximum performance and efficiency of the turbocharging aspect of the engine while ensuring the required reliability at the same time, both during the concept and design phase and in the commissioning and testing phase.
Working closely with the design team, you will plan and execute 3D CFD simulations and carry out testing on a wide variety of engine and powertrain dynamometers as well as component test benches. You will analyze the products of the development process and then devise appropriate proposals for further development. With your efforts, you will support the overall development of the drive unit to achieve the required level of maturity in line with the schedule.
- Develop an innovative and highly efficient turbocharging system, from the concept stage to deployment on the racetrack
- Carry out thermodynamic development on the turbocharger and the charge-air and exhaust-management systems, focusing on design, testing and 3D CFD analysis
- Work on the mechanical development of a high-pressure turbocharger for a high-performance race engine
- Independently plan, perform, and evaluate 3D CFD simulations and tests on engine dynamometers and hot gas test benches
- Analyze test results and damage patterns and devise optimization measures relating to the turbocharger assembly
- Technical degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, fluid mechanics (bachelor's, master's, graduate diploma (“Diplom”), or engineering doctorate (“Dr.-Ing.”))
- Several years of professional experience in turbocharger design (thermodynamic and mechanical testing or 3D CFD simulation) on high-performance internal combustion engines
- Broad knowledge of engine technology with excellent expertise in the fields of engine testing, measurement technology, and tribology
- Experience in operating hot gas test benches
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
This position is available from 01/11/2022 at AUDI AG (neue Tochtergesellschaft) in Neuburg a. d. Donau. Generally all positions at Audi can be filled on a part-time basis. Applications must be submitted in electronic form via our job portal.
We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.
These positions are with Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg a. d. Donau.
Please note that these are not positions at AUDI AG.
In principle, all positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are part-time.
We live diversity, actively promote inclusion and create an environment that fosters the individuality of each person in the interest of the company.