- Planning and execution of CAD design of assemblies and systems as well as engine parts, especially in the area of the crankcase, crank assembly and oil and water circuits.
- Creation of CAD models of parts, drafting
- Functional management of employees
- Planning of the creation path for the assemblies with the involvement of Production and Procurement
- BoM management
- Preparation of engine structure lists
- Component support in engine construction and disassembly
- Interpretation of analysis results and targeted implementation in construction stages
- Technical degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or design engineering (bachelor’s, master’s, graduate diploma (“Diplom”), or engineering doctorate (“Dr.-Ing.”))
- In-depth knowledge in the field of engine technology and design
- CAD skills: Creo/Catia with several years of experience in motorsports (especially engine construction)
- In-depth knowledge in the field of materials and manufacturing technology (prototypes)
- Excellent teamwork skills, organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility
- Responsible, independent, and precise working practices
- Ability to make decisions and handle conflicts
- Business-fluent German or English skills and a willingness to learn the basics of the other language required
Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you.
Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi brand – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. The goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH is to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance.
Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
In the field of internal combustion engine development, you will work on the creation and development of the powertrain as a team coordinator. You will create the components of the engine, from the engine design up to the detailed modeling, with your team. You will manage the components in a complex environment. In collaboration with the analysis and testing teams and other powertrain areas, you will ensure that the components reach the maturity level required for the environment as quickly as possible. You will help design the development process and accompany the component(s) through several construction stages.
Audi Formula Racing GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Audi Sport and was founded in 2022 for the brand’s Formula 1 entry. From 2026, the brand with the four rings will compete in the widely popular FIA Formula 1 World Championship with an internally developed power unit and its own factory team. In the future, the program will spearhead Audi’s factory commitment in motorsport.
The power unit is developed at Audi Sport’s state-of-the-art Competence Center Motorsport in Neuburg an der Donau, close to AUDI AG’s corporate headquarters in Ingolstadt. The facility opened in 2014 and is considered as one of the most modern of its kind. It’s currently being expanded for the F1 program. For the first time since 2009, a Formula 1 power unit will be made in Germany.
The decision to enter Formula 1 was driven by new regulations announced by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). From 2026, sustainable synthetic fuels will be used while approximately 50% of the drivetrain’s power will be electric. Audi wants to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series.
Popular on a global stage, highly emotional and technologically advanced – Formula 1 is a spectacular platform for the world’s most sophisticated electrified racing cars. Audi wants to demonstrate “Vorsprung durch Technik” in this competitive environment and is putting together a highly specialized team to develop the power unit. Our basis is the extensive expertise gained from our successful motorsport involvement in Formula E, touring car racing, customer racing, the Dakar Rally and our Le Mans era.
Become a part of this unique project at the pinnacle of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter of its motorsport history.
These positions are available at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg an der Donau.
Please note that these positions are not at AUDI AG.
All positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are available on a part-time basis in principle.
We live diversity, we stand up actively for inclusion, and we create an environment that promotes the individuality of each person in the interests of the company.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities, as their integration is a matter of special concern to us.
If you have any questions, please contact the AFR team by e-mailing email@example.com
Please note that we can consider only applications submitted via our online job portal.