Basic Function: Primarily responsible for the preparation of the race truck on a weekly basis and driving the race car transporter to and from the track, unload/load the transporter. Maintain pit equipment and help set up and tear down equipment at the racetrack.
· Safely operates tractor-trailer to and from events within weight laws and following all DOT/ BMVI safety regulations.
· Maintains a professional and clean appearance of trucks, tents, garage, workshop and pit lane.
· Makes sure all truck and support equipment is functioning properly and perform minor repairs as needed.
· Uses established checklists to make sure that items are loaded on the truck and that equipment and supplies are maintained.
· Complete set up and maintenance of equipment at the track as follows:
- Line up the trucks as required
- Unload all items necessary for race & test execution
- Set up the tent/ garage with all equipment
- Set up pits to established specifications with support equipment
- Hook up hoses and regulators
- Set up the nitrogen bottles
- Set up trailer for food truck
- Empty trash from trucks, garages and pits
· Assist mechanics during race event to obtain parts, etc.
· Maintains driver logs according to DOT/ BMVI regulations.
· Participates in regulated DOT/ BMVI drug and alcohol testing as requested by management.
· Safekeeping and proper use of all company property issued during employment, including uniforms, tools, toolboxes, electronic devices, credit cards and any other productivity tools.
· Professionally represent the team and its sponsors on and off premises. Treating sponsors and their guests with respect by acknowledging them and appropriately answering their questions during shop, pit and garage tours.
· Keeping work area clean and organized at all times.