Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
With the aim of making the new commitment to motorsports and to participating in an international race series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is setting up a team to develop a high-performance drive system. As part of the internal combustion engine development division, you will apply your key skills working in an international team in Neuburg a. d. Donau with framework conditions that enable you to actively shape your day-to-day work.
In return, we offer you an attractive package of benefits for maximum flexibility, personal development, attention to your heath, and, above all, pleasure in what you do.
As a member of the function development team, you will be working on the internal combustion engine functions for the Formula 1 six-cylinder engine. You will contribute your experience in the field of software development and application for internal combustion engines to help establish a new engine management system architecture and will optimize the system in terms of performance, reliability, and efficiency. In addition, you will improve the associated development environments in your team, the testing environment, as well as the application methods.
- Concept development and creation of a completely new function architecture including basic functions for an engine management system software in the overall context of vehicle software
- Function, controller, and model development in Matlab/Simulink
- Testing, approval, and commissioning on SiL and HiL systems
- Documentation and supervision of tests on the power unit test benches
- Development of intelligent calibration methods together with the application engineers
- Identification of optimization areas for increasing efficiency
- Degree in mechanical engineering, control engineering, vehicle mechatronics with a focus on internal combustion engines, or a comparable course of study
- Multiple years of experience in function development and/or application for internal combustion engines in motorsports, ideally Formula 1
- Routine with programming using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow as well as the programming language C Experience with testing on SiL and HiL systems as well as handling engine test beds
- Experience with using the McLaren tool chain (TAG320B, Atlas, SystemMonitor, etc.) is an advantage
- Good understanding of the processes in internal combustion engines (thermodynamics, torque production, load change, charging, etc.)
- Ambitious, enjoy competition and working in a team
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
This position is available from 01/12/2022 at AUDI AG (neue Tochtergesellschaft) in Neuburg a. d. Donau. Generally all positions at Audi can be filled on a part-time basis. Applications must be submitted in electronic form via our job portal.
We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.