Arrow McLaren is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren Performance Engineering Director in our Indianapolis location, the Simulation Engineer works within the vehicle dynamics group to perform industry-leading modeling and simulation.
This role entails:
- Correlating models to measured data
- Performing pre-event sweeps and analysis
- Working closely with Race Engineers and Performance Engineers to optimize vehicle setup
- Maximizing the impact of the driver-in-the-loop test program and attending those sessions
- Working with the rest of the Vehicle Dynamics group and the Software group to refine models, methods, and tools to improve accuracy and efficiency