Main purpose of role
To ensure the safety, presentation and operation of the venue and events are to the highest standard possible.
- Project management and general maintenance of facilities and infrastructure within a programme and budget agreed with the General Manager; managing and working with the grounds and maintenance team to deliver and organising contractors when necessary.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the track and the resources to support circuit activity to meet the requirements of the governing bodies (track licence), organisers, marshals and medics, and circuit users. This would include but not be limited to the surface of the track and any repairs required; backfilling; lights and marshals posts; track furniture and painting, and the utilisation of technology to improve service.
- Deliver briefing and sighting laps for private track day customers and briefings for drivers new to Anglesey on test days.
- Monitoring the Health and Safety of the venue, personnel and visitors and acting accordingly. Regularly reviewing risk assessments with the team and liaising on training for the wider team of marshals and medics.
- Managing event logistics: access and egress of different clients, set up of track, lights, reflectors etc, and circuit operations to ensure we are good neighbours to our community and comply with the circuit’s noise planning conditions. Liaising with colleagues re cleaning, security, ticketing etc.
- Trouble shooting in response to issues which occur (wifi, water, waste, electricity etc) and playing a lead role in implementing the emergency action plan.
- Assist with developing alternative uses of the venue and champion our way forward as we review and adopt, environment, inclusivity, wellbeing, sustainability strategies.
- Hosting our visitors to make them our ambassadors with the wider world.
The post holder may also be asked to support and undertake other related duties not listed in this Role Description from time to time according to the needs of the business.
- Personal experience of one of the motorsport disciplines
- Event, venue or estate management
- ARDS instructor qualification advantageous
- Personable – able to relate to people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Analytical – problem solver and forward thinker
Level of qualifications
- Recognised professional qualification regardless of discipline
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and submit your CV and cover letter.