Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
With the aim of making the new commitment to motorsports and to participating in an international race series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is setting up a team to develop a high-performance drive system. As part of the internal combustion engine development division, you will apply your key skills working in an international team in Neuburg a. d. Donau with framework conditions that enable you to actively shape your day-to-day work.
In return, we offer you an attractive package of benefits for maximum flexibility, personal development, attention to your heath, and, above all, pleasure in what you do.
In the internal combustion engine development division, you will work on the conceptual design, creation and ongoing development of a high-performance powertrain. It will be your task to model and simulate multibody systems. This means you will describe the dynamic interaction between various components in a multibody system software program and derive from that the load situation for the system as well as the components involved. This can be, for example, load amplitudes arising from combustion, stresses and life cycles as well as the load-bearing behavior in the lubricant film of plain bearings. Working with your colleagues from the area of design, you will define measures for optimizing the system behavior and the loads. With our test colleagues and measurement engineers, you will define necessary metrics for validating and verifying your observations.
Setup of multibody simulation models If necessary, the model setup will be accompanied by finite element analyses to take component flexibility into consideration
The system behavior has to be optimized, other load parameters have to be developed in the post-process Management and coordination of external service providers
Documentation and presentation of the analysis results
- Technical studies in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar
- Several years’ experience in the field of computational structural analysis with a focus on MBS and FEM
- In-depth knowledge in the area of construction materials, operating stability, and machine elements
- Skills in handling tools such as Adams, Simdrive, Excite, Simulation X or others. Skills in Nastran or ABAQUS will be useful.
- Excellent teamwork skills, organizational skills, and keen sense of responsibility
- Flexible, independent, and precise working practices
- Ability to make decisions and handle conflicts
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
This position is available immediately at AUDI AG (neue Tochtergesellschaft) in Neuburg a. d. Donau. Generally all positions at Audi can be filled on a part-time basis. Applications must be submitted in electronic form via our job portal.
We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.