A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead Component & Systems Engineer at a leading high quality motorsport vehicle manufacturer based in Belper.
The purpose of this role is to lead design, development, testing and introduction of new components or commodities. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
Identify the appropriate standards the components and system must be designed and tested to.
Responsibilities of the Lead Component & Systems Engineer are as follows:
- Development and delivery of engineering solutions to meet the defined customer requirements.
- Manage the design, development and testing activity to minimise the project duration.
- Responsible for the technical details ensuring they are accurate and aligned to the customer needs.
- Adherence to the overall technical approach.
- Project delivery status on time to programme needs.
- Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time.
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones.
- Manage component and vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support rectification of issues.
- Ensure all appropriate standards are met throughout design maturation.
- Ensure all programme design solutions meet:
- Programme targets for cost and weight.
- Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation.
- Keep all documentation up to date including:
- Meeting minutes.
- Foundation and Programme Design analysis documents.
- Quality history and bill of design.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Catia V5 / V6 3D and Drafting.
- Proficient IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools.
- Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
- Previous experience delivering automotive components.
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
- Previous programme delivery experience, with influencing and engagement skills.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution.
- Knowledge and understanding of specific car components, or systems and sub-systems.
- Working knowledge of project management skills.
- Experience of delivering and developing technical products.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 8.00am until 5.15pm and Friday 8.00am to 2.15pm.
Salary for this is between £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
For immediate consideration please apply today.