The British Automobile Racing Club is one of the largest motorsport organisations in the United Kingdom, with a rich and illustrious history spanning over 100 years.
Today, the BARC operates three race circuits; Croft in North Yorkshire, Pembrey in South Wales and Thruxton in Hampshire, while two hillclimb venues at Gurston Down and Harewood Hill complete the club’s portfolio. The BARC organises around 20 race championships and upwards of 40 race meetings annually, including the UK’s premier British Touring Car Championship series. The club is responsible for all the sporting organisational duties at Goodwood race meetings and the Festival of Speed.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in expanding and transforming the British Automobile Racing Club and the UK racing venues it operates; Thruxton Circuit, Croft Circuit and Pembrey Circuit. This position will be core to the execution of the future marketing strategy across the British Automobile Racing Club group.
Essential to success would be understanding marketing strategies throughout the member lifecycle and an innovative vision for customer journeys. Ideally, we are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 2 years’ proven experience; however, the role may equally suit a recently qualified Business or Marketing Executive seeking a hands-on role.
The role reports to the Group Head of Marketing and Communications based at Thruxton Circuit.
The main functions of the role are but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating customer databases (Salesforce CRM), including E-marketing campaigns
- Lead generation campaigns
- Segment and target customers based on preferences and behaviour to create personalised marketing campaigns
- Maintaining customer and event ticketing systems
- Using the Content Management System (CMS) to provide content and updates to our group of company websites, including event details, company news, blogs and product updates
- SEO and light development
- Ensure the site is SEO and accessible-compliant
- Improve and progress CMS
- Actively developing our channels to increase customer data capture and contact management
- Analysing customer segments and the business impact of executed e-comms
- Producing purchase analysis
- Working with social media to understand effective cross-platform campaigns
- Engaging with inbound web enquiries generated from our website and social media to convert them to qualified data.
- Help to manage and develop social media channels
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity
- Curating customer experience feedback programs
- Develop the company’s experience day customer offering.
- Contributing to the internal communication plan and ensuring we have consistent brand representation across all customer-facing channels
- Aiding our competitions department to liaise with competitors and marshal teams
The successful applicant will demonstrate good communication skills, be polite and able to quickly build rapport with the new and existing customer base. You will need to be a self-driven marketing individual focusing on achieving membership growth and contributing to achieving sales targets. This role will lend itself to someone who understands customer experience and can implement marketing sales strategies.
You will have strong IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Full training on the company’s CRM and CMS platform will be given.