MoTeC Europe Ltd is a subsidiary of MoTeC Pty, which is now a part of the Bosch Group. We operate across Europe in the service areas of motorsports, EV and hybrid, off-highway, marine and e-mobility. Our dynamic team develops customised electronic solutions for racing cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles, as well as for industrial vehicles and watercraft, based on innovative, high tech products from MoTeC.
We welcome applications from a range of candidates but please note that we require the successful candidate to have the right to work in the UK and Schengen Area countries from day one.
Electric Vehicles Application Engineer
This role focuses on development of vehicle control system and integration solutions for various electric vehicle (EV) projects using MoTeC’s M1 Build software development tool, which provides a Visual Studio style programming environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the EV projects, external customers and business development activities (as required)
- Learn to program and work with MoTeC’s core product range and their associated software development and calibration tools to be used in EV applications
- Work with Matlab/Simulink to design and develop EV control solutions
- Provide technical support in developing HV batteries, BMS and motor controller parameterisation in various EV projects
- Provide technical support to develop EV driveline control/integration solution for various projects;
- Testing, tuning and commissioning of the developed EV supervisory control systems in-vehicle or clients sites (as required)
- Provide technical assistance in any reverse engineering work that is required to be done on OEM systems, such as CAN messaging (as required)
- Ensure any new equipment or engineering activity is supported with appropriate/required qualification and standard documentation
- Update and maintain resources (manuals, presentation slides, seminar notes, exercises, etc);
- Develop electrical schematics for EV applications (as required)
- Establish high quality standards by studying/researching EV industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers; plus doing research/design, development, and define the measurements required to assess performance against EV related standards
- Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the manager, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Create and implement the best practice engineering, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Compliance to environmental, health and safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures as required
- Travel locally and internationally as required in the role
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following skills/experiences
- A degree in electrical/electronic/mechatronics engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Up to 3 years work experience in electrical/control engineering (Candidates with higher work experience are also encouraged to apply)
- Direct experience in EV design and development applications (Experience in EV Race applications such as FSAE Electric Race cars is an advantage)
- Being familiar with EV driveline components and experience working on HV batteries, BMS, motor controllers and EV drivetrain
- Programming knowledge (C, C++, C#, Matlab/Simulink) and experience working with ECUs and VCUs in automotive industry (Matlab/Simulink experience is an advantage)
- Experience with CAN messaging tools and CAN database documentation in automotive applications
- Hands on experience on calibration, diagnostic, testing and commissioning of electrical/electronic control system, including
- Sensors and actuators
- Wiring looms and schematics
- Fluency with electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes
- Team work skills and experience on self management and work under time constraints to deliver the assigned tasks and meet the project timelines and due dates
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
On offer is a competitive salary and pension contributions, with a great package of benefits including a health cash plan and other discounted benefits. We will also provide many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- 1 Year contract with view to permanent position.