Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
With the aim of making the new commitment to motorsports and to participating in an international race series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is setting up a team to develop a high-performance drive system. As part of the internal combustion engine development division, you will apply your key skills working in an international team in Neuburg a. d. Donau with framework conditions that enable you to actively shape your day-to-day work.
In return, we offer you an attractive package of benefits for maximum flexibility, personal development, attention to your heath, and, above all, pleasure in what you do.
In the area of internal combustion engine development, you will work on the combustion process/calibration of a high-performance powertrain. Your task is to develop the maximum performance and efficiency of the engine in the sub-areas of combustion processes, turbocharging and calibration, while at the same time ensuring the required reliability. You perform development measures in the concept and design phase as well as in the commissioning and testing phase. You plan this in collaboration with design and simulation trials on a wide variety of engine, component or powertrain test benches. You independently conduct and analyze the experiments and then develop appropriate proposals for further development. With your efforts, you will support the overall development of the drive unit to achieve the required level of maturity in line with the schedule.
- Mechanics and friction power development in a high-performance racing engine
- Perform and analyze engine tests on engine, component and drag test benches for commissioning, testing and troubleshooting engine and mechanical components
- Analyze damage and develop solutions as well as identify manufacturing, design, operating, installation errors, etc.
- Develop a pneumatic valve train system
- Technical degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, design technology Bachelor’s, master’s, Diplom or Dr. Ing. degree
- Several years of professional experience in engine mechanics, friction power optimization as well as testing of high-performance combustion engines
- Broad knowledge of engine technology with excellent knowledge in the area of tribology, materials science Several years of experience in failure analysis range
- Experience in torsional vibration analysis on the engine and drive train
- Excellent teamwork skills, organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Flexible, independent, and structured working practices
- Experience with strain gauge measurements
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to make decisions and handle conflicts
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
This position is available immediately at AUDI AG (neue Tochtergesellschaft) in Neuburg a. d. Donau. Generally all positions at Audi can be filled on a part-time basis. Applications must be submitted in electronic form via our job portal.
We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.