Composites Technician required to join our expanding team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing motorsport businesses in the world. United Autosports is an established championship-winning team contesting multiple racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of iconic, historic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis with an immediate start date, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Composites Technician. The role is hugely varied with the opportunity to work on a range of exceptional race cars.
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break. Weekend and evening work will be required as per business requirements and demands.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the repair and manufacture of composite parts used within the company
- Experience In the effective repair of composite panels at both the workshop and the track
- Attend race and test events where required, to service the needs of the company’s race team composite requirements whilst on events
- Manage an efficient level of stock of composite materials and consumables to use at both the workshop and on event
- Ensure the timely repair of panels and components to feed the workshop car build and re-prep
- Track, record and document work, materials and products
- Maintain the high level of presentation that the company demands, both in the workshop and at the track
- Ensure the company’s reputation is maintained at the highest level at all times
- Multiple years’ experience of the repair and production of composite parts within a low volume vehicle production / motorsport environment
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with minimal supervision, ensuring parts are produced to the correct specification and department standards
- Be able to operate as part of a team as well as on their own.
- Ability to operate to tight timescales whilst maintaining a strong eye for detail
- A flexible positive attitude with a drive to win on a world stage
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The candidate will be required to be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is an exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you.