For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our CFD Tools and Methods Team to ensure we have the best tools and processes to keep us fighting for the F1
championship and leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects. The work involves all aspects of our CFD process and workflow; from tools maintenance and investigation of future methodologies, to implementation of cutting edge modelling techniques.
Within an open and dynamic environment, you will be working alongside development Teams across the entire Technology Campus to deliver solutions to the very highest standards.
We are looking for, someone who:-
- Is educated to degree level within a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Has a good understanding of aerodynamics and fluid mechanics principles.
- Has experience with CFD and numerical modelling.
- Possesses a high technical ability and strong programming skills.
- Has a detailed and methodical approach to solving complex problems.
- Possesses the determination and dynamism to meet the tight deadlines that are required in the high pressure but highly rewarding world of Red Bull.
We would like if you also had:-
- Commercial CFD pre-processing and meshing software.
- Commercial flow solvers and post-processing software.
- CAD in particular Siemens NX.
- Scripting and workflow automation.
- Linux operating system and Bash.
Not only are these fantastic CFD Tools and Methods Engineer role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to the function of our grand prix cars
Job Posting End Date
Fri, 4 Nov 2022