MoTeC Europe Ltd is a subsidiary of MoTeC Pty, which is now a part of the Bosch Group. We operate across Europe in the service areas of motorsports, EV and hybrid, off-highway, marine and e-mobility. Our dynamic team develops customised electronic solutions for racing cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles, as well as for industrial vehicles and watercraft, based on innovative, high tech products from MoTeC.
We welcome applications from a range of candidates but please note that we require the successful candidate to have the right to work in the UK and Schengen Area countries from day one, due to overseas test trips being an important part of the role
As an Applications Engineer for MoTeC Europe you will join a close knit and friendly team. Demonstrating technical and professional expertise, you will be customer focused and have an interest in working with premium car brands, race teams, championship organisers and end users.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the installation and configuration of all MoTeC products, particularly ECUs, data loggers and displays.
- Providing track support and on-site customer support when required.
- Answering telephone and email technical support queries.
- Arranging new product testing and development projects as required; fully documenting results.
- Arranging dealer/customer installation technical assistance as required; fully documenting results, especially with new installations/applications.
- Interfacing MoTeC electronics with other vehicle electronics including sensors, actuators and data communications.
- Analysing, investigating and documenting sensors.
- Carrying out first time installations and fully documenting this process.
- Verification and testing of hardware, firmware and software changes.
- Field-testing and validation of new products and software strategies and providing detailed feedback to Engineering.
- Analysing and solving field problems and, where applicable, following this up with preventive measures to avoid similar occurrences in the future.
- Preparing Technical Documentation for internal and customer use.
- Writing/Updating Manuals, Help Systems, Technical Notes and Product Specifications
- Delivering technical training courses to our dealers and customers.
You should also be able to:
- Travel locally and internationally as required in the role, to fulfil customer requirements and develop your capability
- Build high quality and lasting relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively within the wider team
- Use analytical skills to solve complex tasks and make sound decisions.
Essential skills and qualifications
You should possess:
- A degree in a relevant engineering subject i.e. Automotive, Mechanical, Electronics or significant relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commitment to delivering customer requirements for economic and high quality solutions.
- Effective collaboration, cooperation and interpersonal skills.
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- MS office skills
- Passion for motorsports at a professional level and beyond.
- Matlab/Simulink experience.
- Basic programming knowledge, particularly C.
On offer is a competitive salary and pension contributions, with a great package of benefits including a health cash plan and other discounted benefits. We will also provide many opportunities for personal and professional development.