Team Penske transport drivers are full-time, year-round opportunities driving for our IndyCar program. Our transport drivers are expected to represent the company in a professional manner at all times while working on the road and in the shop. As a transport driver, you will be responsible for safely transporting cars and associated equipment, tools and materials to and from race and/or test venues for race related events. This position requires fluctuating weekday and weekend work based on event schedules; home time will vary. When not driving for race or test events, our transport drivers work in the shop preparing the transporter and equipment for upcoming events.
- Load and unload equipment, etc.
- Inventory management for the transporter and equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and general presentation of the transporter for the team and guests.
- Follow all applicable DOT, DMV, State and Federal highway safety rules and regulations.
- Meet schedules, timelines and deadlines appropriately and safely.
- Present self in an appropriate/professional manner while transporting and at venues.
- Ensure the truck is in safe operating condition.
- Complete all logs and records in a timely manner; may be responsible for expense reporting to Accounting per company guidelines.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL).
- Must provide or be able to obtain a current Medical Examiner's Safety Certificate.
- Must have a clean driving record and satisfactory background check.
- Must have a professional and presentable work ethic.
- Professional motorsports experience preferred; will consider other driving experience such as car hauler driving.
- Able to lift 75lbs independently.
- Able to maneuver inside tight confinements within the transporter and other areas.
- Able to sustain 10 or more hours consecutive time on feet.
- Must be able to work the complete race and test schedule; weekend work is required.
- Must be able to work in the shop when not driving OTR; no fly-in work available.
Team Penske is an equal opportunity employer.