Reporting to: James Scott (Head of Engineering)
Employment type: Full time
You will be an experienced Designer looking to step up into a Senior Designer role. This opportunity is to design the next generation of Sports car for the world’s biggest purpose-built race car manufacturer. You will see your designs through from concept to track testing and production. Additionally supporting the optimisation and development of the current range, you will put your stamp across the product range playing a pivotal part in the success of the brand.
Working closely with the R&D and Engineering teams, you will be responsible for delivering high quality, creative designs to schedule, enabling the department to meet the requirements set out for our brand-new projects. You will be providing your engineering expertise to maximise the design performance, carrying out detailed designs of components, assemblies and itemised Bills of Material as required, working alongside and delegating tasks where necessary to other Design Engineers.
You will have previous experience within a similar motorsport role such as F1, Prototype, Sportscars or other motorsport categories designing Performance vehicles. You will be an excellent team player who is able to assist with other design issues raised by the R&D or Engineering team, as well as being confident making challenging technical decisions and developments within the industry - materials, technology, processes, software tools etc.
- Create and release accurate models and drawings to Radical standards and processes
- Concept design through to detailing of all areas of race vehicles including but not limited to suspension, chassis, bodywork, cooling, aerodynamics, drivetrain installation & tooling design.
- Creation of 2D drawings for manufacture of machined, fabricated and composite components/assemblies targeting GD&T standards.
- Be able to exercise independent technical judgement using sound engineering principles and appropriate experience.
- BOM creation and management/ update following Radical PCN processes through to ERP integration.
- Maintain agreed project deadlines and provide regular feedback and/or reports on progress
- Liaising with internal/external suppliers & occasionally dealers to ensure design intent is realised
- Interact with Radical Production Engineers, suppliers and the Build Technicians to ensure that the designs are fit for purpose
- Some international travel may be required
- Degree qualified in suitable subject
- At least 4 years of experience as a design engineer in relevant environment
- Highly proficient at creating 3D CAD models & 2D technical drawings, preferably in Solidworks
- Proficiency in CAD PDM systems
- Ability to work in a close-knit team of Engineers towards a common goal
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing methods for various items of componentry and resulting lead times