Formula One is a high-tech world of fast paced innovation and engineering excellence, and its industry leading standards are not just limited to the pit lane. Whilst Red Bull Technology designs, manufactures, assembles and develops a championship-winning Formula One car week on week, its sister business and high performance vehicle engineering division, Red Bull Advanced Technologies, is applying expert engineering, design, technology, simulation and production capabilities to other sectors.
From hot air balloons to bikes to boats, Red Bull Advanced Technologies takes the same tools, techniques and methods used in F1, the world’s fastest development cycle, to engineering challenges across land, sea and air, and at blistering pace.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies: We envision, conceptualise, create and deliver effective solutions.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies (RBAT) is a powerhouse of innovation continually working on some of the most ground-breaking projects across land, sea and air. Our portfolio of projects is second to none. It is not just our ground breaking RB17 Hypercar or Red Bull commissioned submarine, we work alongside the KTM Moto GP Team and collaborate with Alinghi Red Bull Racing, utilising Formula One expertise and precision to enhance the AC75 Racing Yacht and revolutionise Moto GP Aerodynamics.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies are constantly elevating performance to new heights, and the recently announced RB17 two-seat Hypercar is set to be the ultimate on-track driving experience pushing design and technical boundaries far beyond what has previously been imagined. We now have an exciting opportunity to be part of our expanding, talented Technology & Analysis tools team.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Aerodynamics Software Engineer to join us working on a variety of projects. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining CFD software used by RBAT by ensuring they are fully integrated, deployed and utilised within the tools and APIs using best practices in Software Engineering, allowing the team to meet the requirements of our brand-new projects.
Responsibilities of the Senior Aerodynamics Software Engineer:
- Development of software to manipulate, post-process and visualise CFD data.
- Development of applications, libraries and services to make data accessible throughout the organisation.
- Build command-line tools that integrate with the CFD post-processing workflow.
- Work with other engineers throughout the department to define the next generation of engineering tools and APIs.
- Contribute to the group’s continuous improvement through planning, development, code review and support.
- Demonstrate best practices in software engineering and promote use throughout the organisation.
Key Competencies of a Senior Aerodynamics Software Engineer:
- Software Development in C++.
- Knowledge of using Qt and OpenGL for desktop applications.
- Developing and deploying containerised services with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Be analytical and pragmatic with strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- Have a high degree of initiative and be able to rapidly learn new technologies and business methods as required.
- Have strong planning, reporting and problem-solving skills.
Not only is this a fantastic Senior Aerodynamics Software Engineer role, based at our modern campus in Milton Keynes, it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, a cycle to work scheme and of course free Red Bull to keep you firing on all cylinders!
Job Posting End DateFri, 8 Mar 2024