After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 700 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
An exciting opportunity exists for a number of Junior Composite Design Engineers within our Composite Design Group.
We are looking for Junior Design Engineers to be an effective part of a team of design engineers responsible for the scheme, design, testing and development stages of varied composite components within our Composite Design group.
- An awareness of composite manufacturing techniques using pre-preg technology including jigs, patterns and tooling
- Be able to demonstrate an innovative and flexible approach to problem solving and possess the ability to work through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Be able to progress multiple projects concurrently.
- Be able to integrate quickly into existing teams and be actively involved in many aspects of each department.
- Have excellent communication and analytical skills and be able to work to tight deadlines & under pressure.
- Possess commitment and proven reliability, being keen to deliver high quality schemes and designs for deadline driven tasks.
All applicants must have:
- A good quality degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Motorsport Engineering.
- At least one year’s experience (at undergraduate of post graduate level) working within a high-level motorsport environment.
- Some experience of a modern 3D CAD system (preferably 3DX/ CATIA)
The role will be based at the Silverstone Factory premises and will require the successful candidate to be onsite 5 days a week and there may be a requirement to travel as and when requested to meet the requirements of the Company.
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.