McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can
we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in
the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our
partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the
highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
To join our race for performance, we’re looking for a proven internal communications professional to manage the day-to-day operations of the internal communications office, with experience in planning, prioritising multiple projects, determine project urgency and create detailed action plans.
This role will be pivotal in supporting the senior stakeholders in the Commercial and Central Service functions to deliver internal communications that align with the organisation’s internal communication strategy.
Responsible for supporting the development and delivery of an integrated internal communications strategy (aligning internal / external messaging, content and channels) to support high levels of employee advocacy across all of McLaren’s racing series, with a specific focus on supporting the Commercial and Central Service functions at McLaren Racing. This will also include offering additional support to our Electric Racing function as well (Formula E and Extreme E teams).
This hands-on role will give the successful applicant the exciting opportunity to strengthen their internal communications skills and lead on a range of high-profile communications projects designed to drive McLaren’s culture across the five series it competes in. Creativity, a proactive can-do attitude, and the ability to engage and excite colleagues in business objectives are key.
Based in Woking at the McLaren Technology Centre, and reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, there may be some flexibility with working hours to fulfil this role effectively.
- Execute Internal Communications delivery plan for the Commercial and Central Service functions with an agile approach
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team in Commercial and Central Services to understand their priorities and communication cadence to offer counsel and device in delivering effective communications
- Deliver content and or campaigns to be distributed across the full range of McLaren’s comms channels
- Work collaboratively with the wider communications team to align messaging
- Monitor and evaluate communications activities to determine their impact and effectiveness, and identify and implement improvements
- Evaluate comms channels to ensure fit for purpose and audience appropriate in terms of comms channels and tone
- Partnering with all departments to ensure all localised communications align with the overarching McLaren brand, voice and culture
- Build trusting relationships with McLaren stakeholders internally and bolster the Internal Communications team’s brand within the wider McLaren network
- Foster the team’s approach to communications using best practice, multi-site platforms and key methodologies to mould all processes
- Motivate the team and embed a winning mindset culture by providing clear guidance and leading by example
- Source, develop and publish content for various online and offline channels in a pragmatic and creative way
- Work across a wide range of disciplines and successfully engage colleagues
- Maximise engagement and impact of online and offline channels
- Work collaboratively with external facing communications and commercial colleagues for content generation
- Manage multiple projects to demanding deadlines
- Write, edit, proof-read and deliver targeted messaging to a range of audiences
- Understand complex information and translate it into simple clear messaging