Marcos Motor Company is the holding company for; Marcos Heritage and Spares Ltd, Formhalls Vintage and Racing Ltd and Sandydown Bodyworks Ltd
Marcos Motor Company is looking for a talented and experienced General Manager to work across all the businesses of the Group. The initial focus of the role will be to help us rebuild the historic UK Sports Car brand that is Marcos as well as develop our separate highly respected vintage engine restoration business, Formhalls Vintage and Racing Ltd.
Working in close liaison with the three sites managers, located in Wiltshire and Hampshire, this is a real “ground floor” opportunity that will require huge amounts of tenacity and energy
The ideal candidate will possess many of the key skills and experiences below.
However, what is of the utmost importance is solid business management experience coupled with drive, entrepreneurial flair and strong customer service ethics.
Marcos occupies a very special place in the British Sports car industry with a long and fascinating history. Marcos Motor Company are proud and very privileged to be the custodians of this very special piece of the British Sports Car heritage and we are excited about the future of the Marcos brand.
2024 marks the 65th year of the Marcos brand we are planning to make this Sapphire Anniversary one that really heralds a new beginning for this business and we have some very exciting plans to make this happen.
Formhalls Vintage and Racing Ltd have been a long-established name in the restoration and the preservation of some of the most valuable automotive engines in existence. Most recently Formhalls has been rewarded with its appointment as the recognised Engineering Partner to the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu. Formhalls is a highly specialised business operating in a niche market. It requires both an enquiring mind and a deep fascination with vintage motoring and automotive engineering in order to lead efforts in maximising its fullest potential
Main purposes of job
To lead and take full day to day control of the operational running of the businesses. The General Manager will work closely with the Group Directors to build a strong pragmatic strategic plan to deliver sustainable profitable growth for the Group.
1. Leadership and Team Management:
- Taking control of the day-to-day operations of each of the businesses, the General Manger will provide effective leadership to the businesses through clear direction and focus on the key priorities that deliver profitable and sustainable growth.
- Through exceptional people skills, the General Manager will unlock the potential both from the existing team as well as recruiting and developing new team members to achieve the ambitions of the business
2. Strategic Planning:
- Working closely with the Group Directors, develop and implement robust business plans for the businesses
- Analyse and quantify market opportunities specifically in the core segments of Classic Sports Car ownership and motoring and classic vehicle/engine restoration.
- Through the application of excellent analytical skills, provide well considered investment plans necessary to address key market opportunities and also further consolidate and secure the successes of the businesses to date
- Be conversant with core risk management considerations in ensuring profitability is balanced with protecting the reputation and stability of the businesses at all times.
3. Operational Excellence:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of both enterprises through driving the highest possible levels of efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and monitor the key performance measures that deliver the best possible levels of success specifically taking into account the highly specialised needs and demands of classic sports car restoration and maintenance and historic and vintage engine maintenance and restoration.
- Manage the existing retail parts operation in support of Marcos owners seeking to repair and restore their own vehicles and/or other classic vehicle restoration businesses engaged in the same enterprise.
- Further develop the retail parts business, identifying opportunities for profitable new business and improved customer service
4. Financial Management:
- Be fully conversant with P & L accountability and the demands this requires
- Develop and implement budgets and the required reporting protocols
5. Customer Experience:
- Champion a customer-centric culture throughout the organisation.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest levels and identify opportunities for drive greater levels of loyalty and advocation
- Engage with Owners clubs and other directly connected Automotive and Motoring Heritage organisations and enterprises to build strong and sustainable working relationships
6. Sales and Marketing:
- Working with the Group Directors develop and execute effective strategies for product and services promotion, sales growth, and brand positioning.
- Identify new market opportunities and partnerships to expand maximise the reach and engagement for each of the enterprises
- Manage digital and physical marketing material and content.
- Co-ordinate and lead attendance at key Vintage and Classic Vehicle Exhibitions, Shows and Owner Clubs events
7. Quality Assurance:
- Ensure that all companies maintain the highest quality standards in their respective areas, complying with regulatory requirements.
- Implement and oversee quality control processes tailored to the unique needs of the Classic and Heritage automotive market including manufacture, restoration, racing performance, product development, and spares sourcing, supply and distribution
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of general management within the automotive or related industry, preferably on a multi -site basis
- Experience and a deep interest within Classic and Vintage car restoration would be preferable
- Exposure to research, product and engineering development would also be beneficial.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Financial acumen and budget management experience.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Worldly and flexible.
Board of Directors Marcos Motor Company
If you have a passion for the British Classic and Vintage Automotive industry and have a real entrepreneurial flair coupled with solid business management experience, this is one of those opportunities that does not come along very often.
The new post of General Manager for the Marcos Motor Company will provide the right individual with the chance to become part of an enterprise that is looking to breathe life back into a much- loved British Classic Sports Car brand as well developing one of the most respected names in Vintage Engine restoration.
If you feel you have the skills, drive and ambition, we would love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your latest CV and covering letter to: HR@page-automotive.co.uk