Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (DOE)
Job Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time/ 4 day week (10 hour days or option to spread over 5 days)
At Venture, we provide cutting-edge engineering skills and expertise to our clients globally. Realisation of any project from fabrication of parts for the latest Formula One car, to designing and manufacturing prototype components for a green energy storage system – and anything in between.
Our dedicated team combines skilled engineers and technicians born out of the highly competitive and fast-moving world of motorsport. This means we work with in exacting requirements and deliver world-class engineering solutions efficiently and on time.
We operate in a brand new, 18,000sq ft manufacturing facility with the latest precision-engineering equipment and in-house capabilities to respond to our clients’ reactive and diverse needs.
Alongside our engineering work, our team is equally at home applying our vast experience to the latest innovations in prototype manufacture in the green energy sector and business consultancy over various industries.
Our two divisions provide the following services:
· Historic Motorsport
· Reverse Engineering
· Engine Rebuilds & Development
· World-class Technical Innovation
· Prototype Manufacture & Build
· Green Energy Systems
· Modern Motorsport
· Business Consultancy
We are seeking a skilled and experienced fabricator/ welder to join our team. The job role involves welding and fabricating metal components from engineering drawings. You will utilize various welding techniques, tools, and equipment to create high-quality products that meet industry standards. The ideal candidate should possess excellent technical skills, attention to detail, and a strong commitment to safety.
· Read and interpret designs, drawings, and specifications to understand project requirements.
· Perform welding operations, including MIG and TIG on various types of metals, such as steel, aluminium, and stainless steel.
· Conduct quality checks and inspections on completed work to ensure adherence to specifications and industry standards.
· Collaborate with engineers, designers, and other team members to troubleshoot and resolve fabrication and welding issues.
· Adhere to safety guidelines and practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
· Comply with project deadlines and manage time effectively to meet production targets.
· Keep accurate records of work performed, materials used, and time spent on projects.
· Proven experience as a Fabricator/Welder or similar role.
· Strong proficiency in welding techniques, such as MIG and TIG.
· Ability to read and interpret designs, drawings, and specifications.
· Proficient in using welding equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
· Familiarity with various types of metals and their properties.
· Solid knowledge of safety procedures and practices in welding and fabrication.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with precision.
· Ability to troubleshoot fabrication and welding issues.
· Effective communication and teamwork skills.
We offer a modern, spacious working environment, competitive salaries as well as a tailored range of benefits, which include health insurance including dental plan, opportunity to join our group personal pension, holiday plus bank holidays, and bonus scheme. On-site free parking is also available with electric charge points.
We are an equal opportunities employer
At Venture we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups, and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.
- Free on-site parking
- Life insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Generous performance related bonus scheme
- TIG welding: 3 years (preferred)
- Fabrication: 3 years (preferred)