Tolman Engineering is an ever-growing automotive engineering company based in rural Warwickshire, specialising in vehicle restoration, resto-mod car build, design, and fabrication.
We believe we build some of the highest quality cars around, with acute attention to detail and finish. Our builds are driven by the heart and the desire to create something different, and something unique.
We are seeking a dynamic, hands-on individual with petrol running in their veins to join our team –Engine Builder.
The role includes:
- Strip down of engines from 1950-2000’s
- Assessment and appraisal.
- Measurement and evaluation.
- Cylinder head porting.
- Rebuild to highest standard.
- Liaising with and organising suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Engine assembly.
- Engine removal and installation.
- Run up, checks, and road testing.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the engine build facility and being proactive in its functionality.
In addition, the successful candidate’s job role may include restoration and sub-assembly work on a range of client cars.
The applicant will be:
- A dynamic individual who is excited by building awesome cars to the highest standards and adding their skills to the finished product.
- Experienced in being hands-on with cars in a full-time workplace.
- Able to work to the highest standards with acute attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, proactive, forward thinking, flexible, and efficient in their work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Able to work un-supervised to meet deadlines.
- Able to self-scrutinise their own work to ensure it meets the standards of excellence expected by our customers.
- A good communicator both internally and with suppliers and clients.
- Hold a full UK driving licence – trailer licence a bonus.
In return Tolman Engineering offers a competitive salary, holiday entitlement and an enthusiastic work environment as well as usual motor trade benefits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter telling us why you are awesome.