MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on various media platforms or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK, and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a growing company, and we need someone to be the right-hand person to our Team Principal. We're searching for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who has strong leadership skills and the ability to help steer the business to achieve its strategic goals. This position will be based in Banbury, UK.
The COO will lead our team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective. The ideal candidate has extensive experience within our industry, preferably having worked their way up to an executive role. We believe this trajectory helps a person develop a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures in motorsport. The candidate should be a strategic thinker, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and possess an advanced understanding of cutting-edge technology, particularly as it relates to driving innovation and productivity.
- Collaborate with Team Principal to provide strategic leadership, operational management, and vision to ensure the organisation meets short-term and long-term objectives.
- Develops strategies and oversees the execution of plans to attain short- and long-term financial and operational goals. Directs the development of the team’s functional capacity that will produce sustainable growth.
- Understand and manage the teams operational risk appetite, identifying and mitigating potential risks including security, legal and operational challenges including crisis management.
- Shows a talent for boosting efficiency, driving innovation, and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Oversee the teams operating budgets, identify, and develop revenue streams, and implement cost-saving opportunities.
- Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operation & administration planning.
- Champion a culture of performance, efficiency, safety, sustainability, and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with national, international, and local business regulations, and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the department, ensuring targets and milestones are achieved.
- Manage department personnel from recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement through to separation.
- Mentor, train and guide personnel as required. Develop staff using effective performance reviews and development plans.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop trustworthy relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to departmental budgets to maintain a practical yet functional department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversee all aspects of the team’s day-to-day operations, including Programme Management, IT, Marketing, Communications, Facilities, HR, Purchasing and Travel, as well as other business infrastructure areas.
- Act as strategic partner on the leadership team and work closely with the team to ensure they are meeting performance expectations.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas for process enhancement.
- Implement business strategies and plans that align with the short- and long-term objectives developed in tandem with Team Principal.
- Oversee sustainability initiatives directed by FOM and FIA.
- Oversee the ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum ten years in a Formula One management position with progressing leadership responsibilities
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated strategic leadership
- Proficient in the use of modern data technology, particularly within a motorsport environment
- Knowledge of marketing and communications, and commercial sponsorships as related to Formula One.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Five or more years in executive leadership roles
- Strong financial acumen and budget management skills
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Extensive project management experience
- Strategic thinking with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues
- International business experience
- Ability to supervise others, communicate effectively, and liaise with fellow workers to get desired results.
- Capable of working in a team environment to a very high standard and a positive work attitude.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Work well within a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and ERP System.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast- paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.