ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
Fortescue WAE exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a #2 Mechanic to join the Jaguar TCS Racing department in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. To carry out the assembly, operational support and servicing of race, development, show cars and associated pit and rig equipment day to day.
- As a full time team mechanic, attend race, test, rig or PR events as required, sometimes at late notice, whilst being based at the factory daily when not on event.
- Assemble, disassemble and maintain cars, car components and other agreed assemblies and equipment’s, day to day.
- Ensure that cars, components and assemblies are built to approved Fortescue WAE engineering specifications, referencing drawings, technical bulletins and build specs as distributed and that build checklists and build sheets are completed as required.
- Ensure all faults and issues are escalated to the Chief Mechanic or Design.
- Identify and suggest improvements to components, team equipment and working practices day to day
- Operate necessary tools and pit equipment as required by the Chief Mechanic
- To build up and pack down the garage / track setup environment as and when required.
- To maintain good practice, including but-not-limited-to ensuring components are packaged and protected when not in use, components are organised and stored in defined locations, topping up consumable stocks in the workshop, trucks and freight and ensuring equipment and bays are kept clean and tidy.
- Record and work with personal and department performance measures to identify the cause of any downtime or delays.
- Maintain positive relationships with all other factory departments and company personnel.
- To be able to work under their own initiative when necessary.
- To have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude day in day out and support others to compete their tasks.
- Complete tasks given within agreed time frames and on occasion, work outside of ‘normal’ hours, sometimes including weekends and bank holidays.
- Experience of previous race/rally car assembly required
- Familiar with HV vehicle operating protocols
- A confident team player, familiar with the fast paced and ever-changing requirements of a race and test team.
- Also be able to work independently and under their own initiative, to strict deadlines when necessary
- To have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude and proactively support others.
- Complete tasks given within agreed time frames.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- To follow and actively enforce the company’s health and Safety and HV policies
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 9th February 2024
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Fortescue WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Fortescue WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.