About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
Fisker Automotive is looking for an enthusiastic Logistics Planning Specialist to join our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Vehicle Logistics, this role will be responsible for developing Europe’s most cost-effective, effective, and efficient finished vehicle logistics (FVL) transportation network, processes, and systems as well as looking for opportunities for continuous improvement within the current European network. This role will collaborate closely with the Global FVL Planning Team and other stakeholders in vehicle logistics to strengthen the network of Fisker’s distribution.
- Design, development, documentation, and maintenance of the European network planning
- Explore and enact continuous improvement initiatives across the network
- Take a major role in current and future RFQs, contract and SOW formulation, vendor negotiations, and network design
- Consult with Purchasing for all FVL bids
- Explore opportunities for emission reductions in transportation services
- Identify, onboard, and manage FVL service provider vendors
- Conduct benchmark initiatives globally and evaluate/implement best practices
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned vehicle logistics processes
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, production volumes, or carriers, and advise on process and flow optimization
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures and own logistics-related databases
- Work closely together with the Global FVL Planning Team to ensure smooth interfaces between the European and Global network
- Consult with parts logistics and delivery center locations
- Support network optimization opportunities
- Identify future network needs as Fisker expands into new European markets
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management, operations, or comparable
- Multi-cultural interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English, language skills in German or any other European language are a plus
- Prior experience (3-6 years) of working in logistics/supply chain/ transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes
- Proficiency in negotiation tactics
- Profound knowledge of principles for transporting vehicles by rail, road, and sea
- IT systems experience and skills including knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and customer data systems
- Understanding of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export, understanding of customs and legal requirements are a plus
- Advanced skills of MS Office applications, specifically Excel
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, advanced analytical and critical thinking skills as well as an initiative-taking mindset
- Advanced knowledge of FVL transportation and logistics service providers
- Understanding of European port and rail infrastructure
- Experience with conducting RFQ and bids
- Proficiency with preparing FVL bid documents such as: SOW, RFQ, and MSA
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility projects simultaneously
- Comfort working in face-paced environment
Preferred Attributes/ Competencies
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from various sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically, as well as internationally, as required