- Porsche Penske Motorsport is looking for a qualified 12V and HV Technician to join our team.
- This role will be a vital member of our travelling racing organization as we develop a racing prototype and prepare to race in both the WEC and IMSA with our manufacturer partner Porsche.
- This position will include extensive travel both domestic and internationally throughout the year.
- Time periods of 2-3 weeks away from the home base is expected.
- Positions available at both our North Carolina, US base as well as our new Germany facility.
- Position is open immediately until filled.
- Service, maintenance and handling of the hybrid system and battery systems of our LMDh Prototype
- Executing and respecting HV system protocols and responsible for the safe installation and maintenance of the hybrid powertrain system
- Designing, building, repairing and maintaining motorsport looms and harnesses
- Aide in car radio setup and communication systems during the testing phase
- Work in conjunction with radio suppliers at test and race events
- Working with System Engineers to have stable and reliable communication to the car
- Aide in IT infrastructure layout, setup, and maintenance
- Working with IT Engineers to have a stable and reliable network connection and server infrastructure at the shops and at track
- Required 2-3 years of experience in top level professional motorsport in an electrical technician role
- F1, IndyCar, IMSA, WEC, Formula E preferred
- At track position experience preferred
- Hybrid powertrain experience required
- Motorsport hybrid powertrain experience preferred
- Applicable certifications for handling of High Voltage Hybrid Systems
- DGUV– E3 Certification or equivalent preferred
- Training available if not certified to this level, some level of certification required
- Required experience designing, building, repairing and maintaining motorsports looms and harnesses
- Ability to travel internationally required
- Preferred experience with Radio / Intercom systems, programming, and maintenance
- General IT and networking experience preferred