Broad Role Description: MRTC are specialists in the provision of high-quality, customised radio and intercom communication solutions for motorsport and event industries. We have over 40 years’ experience working in numerous international race series, including Formula One, WEC, Le Mans, Formula E, Extreme E and Moto GP.
Our extensive knowledge and experience make us the preferred suppliers for teams, organisers and race circuits worldwide, and we are proud to offer bespoke communication solutions, combining Kenwood and Clearcom market-proven technology with our own in-house expertise. Our high level of commitment means that, whatever the size or complexity of the organisation, we can provide high-quality, efficient and reliable systems that is second to none.
As a result of growing demand for our products, we are looking for an experienced Wiring Harness Technician to join our excellent team. You must have a minimum of 2 years relevant wiring/harness manufacturing experience and be able to demonstrate basic competence.
What you will be doing
- Manufacture of electrical harnesses to a very high standard
- Service and maintenance of electrical harnesses
- Diagnostics, fault finding and repairs
- Basic end of line testing
- Liaising with our in-house Engineering Team as required to support design development
- Ability to manufacture wiring harnesses from schematics and drawings
- Knowledge and experience of working to motorsport wiring standards
- Knowledge of connector systems, wiring types and sleeving methods
- A good understanding of best working practices
- High levels of motivation and a flexible approach
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy with standard Office packages
- A team player
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible attitude – ability to work to deadlines