Monticello Motor Club (MMC), the world’s premier automotive country club located 90 minutes from Manhattan in Monticello, NY, is seeking a Race Shop Director. MMC features a world-class 4.1-mile racetrack, a brand-new, state-of-the-art 17,000 sq. ft Service Center facility, and marries high-performance driving and member-only racing to luxurious country club amenities and facilities. Our 680+ members are individuals and families passionate about motorsports, relish unique and exhilarating experiences, and expect first-rate service. MMC also hosts corporate, charity, and manufacturer events throughout the year.
As our Race Shop Director, you will oversee the Race Shop’s technician staff, serve as a key point of contact with members regarding services performed on their vehicles, and collaborate with our Service Operations Manager to P&L targets. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Race Shop Director plays a vital role on the Monticello Motor Club team and is responsible for ensuring our fleet and member-owned cars are maintained and prepared. Candidates for this role are required to have extensive motorsports experience and will be expected to develop and lead the race shop team to help all team members grow their skillset & expertise and realize their full potential.
Our Race Shop Director must collaborate with our broader MMC team to achieve excellence in all aspects of our business, including but not limited to customer satisfaction, team leadership, efficient & safe operations, and financial performance. This role is a unique and compelling opportunity for individuals passionate about motorsports, excellent customer service, and exotic cars. We will hire a proven leader who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, embody our company culture, and will be enthusiastic about joining us in our mission to safely deliver exciting motorsports experiences and high-end service to an exclusive group of automotive enthusiasts.
- Oversee the maintenance and preparation of the MMC fleet and a wide variety of member-owned vehicles
- Direct and lead the skilled technician team in the Race Shop – make staffing decisions to achieve best execution
- Coordinate with the Service Operations Manager to ensure sufficient parts inventory for ongoing operations
- Collaboratively with the Service Operations Manager, ensure the maintenance of meticulous documentation for all aspects of Race Shop operations
- Serve as the main point of contact with members concerning the maintenance, preparation, upgrades, repairs, etc., of their vehicles
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting quality relationships with MMC members
- Organize and prepare the Race Shop team to react to faults and issues and provide a prompt solution when viable
- Maintain a clean and organized Race Shop, lead by example and hold Race Shop staff accountable to do the same
- Uphold a high degree of professionalism and mentorship with your Race Shop staff, and ensure all team members are up to speed on the latest technologies, always greet and interact with members in a pleasant, courteous, and professional manner
- Extensive, demonstrable motorsports experience and knowledge
- Excellent technical knowledge - car build, preparation and set-up, diagnoses and repairs, etc.
- Experience working with a variety of racecars and high-performance road cars – Porsche experience beneficial
- Excellent people skills, leadership capabilities, and relevant management experience
- Confident working with Senior Management and able to report on the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the Race Shop
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with members and staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and previous experience with a shop management system
- Able to work variable schedules, evenings, weekends, and work in all types of weather
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role