Race Engineer: IMSA Program and 24 Hours of Le Mans
Optimum Motorsport are a leading International GT team who specialise in the servicing and operation of McLaren GT3 and GT4 cars. We are currently recruiting enthusiastic professionals to join our team. One such role we have to offer is that of a Race Engineer to join our IMSA program in the States and to join the team for the world’s biggest race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- In an effective and timely manner, and in conjunction with technical staff and car crew, you will produce set up sheets and all other necessary documentation for all events: both for testing and race weekends.
- Issue technical work lists after each session of track time (set up changes, specification changes, tyre choice, etc).
- To liaise with your drivers on a regular basis on all matters technical regarding the car and team.
- You will keep accurate and adequate notes, issuing an event report from all tests and races and you will ensure such reports and notes are filed in such a manner as to make them easily accessible for future reference.
- To keep a summarised mileage record of all running and have ensure this is available for the Chief Mechanic to use.
- To liaise with the tyre company engineers regarding the tyre choice and availability.
- To ensure that the correct tyres are available for all events.
- To analyse test and race data in a scientific and objective manner.
Who Are We Looking For?
- You will be educated to degree level or, equivalent in Engineering
- Previous Motorsport experience is essential, ideally GT Endurance racing.
- An ability to manage and motivate the car crew and drivers during events.
- Ability to travel overseas and to the USA for the full 2024 IMSA season.
Please click apply and send your CV