SainteLoc was founded in 2004 by Sebastien Chetail. After nearly 20 years of successful championships in Sports Cars, Rallye and Andros Trophy. Sainteloc is now participating in several single seaters championships (Spanish F4, FRECA, EUROCUP3, FRMEC, F4 UAE). Sainteloc is looking for a full-time race engineer with experience in FRECA and/or EUROCUP3 and reporting to the Chief Engineer of the category. You must have proven experience with F3R cars to apply for this role (this is not a junior position).
- Responsible for all aspects of setup and performance for one of the race cars, including data acquisition and driver interaction.
- Attendance of all races and tests.
- Preparation of reports, graphs, tables etc both trackside and at the factory, pre and post events summarizing car and driver performance.
- Setup, development, and maintenance of engineering software.
- Preparation and maintenance of engineering technical worksheets and operational procedures.
- Setting up of IT and radio system equipment on track.
- Assist in the operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Assumes responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Technical Officer or his designee.
Education and work experience:
- Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Proven race engineering experience with previous single seaters (F2/F3/F3R/F4).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Proven experience with race engineering of single seaters & data acquisition systems.
- Good understanding of lap time simulation software and vehicle dynamic/aerodynamic as it relates to racing cars.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, VBA or other programming software desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good technical understanding of F4 and F3 cars.
- Able to prioritize the workload, job lists and manage time efficiently.
- Superior attention to detail and high standard work.
- Language: good understanding of English spoken and written. French will be advantageous but not obligatory.
- You must have eligibility to work in the EU to apply for this job, please describe your eligibility. i.e. EU Citizen, Work Permit, Visa etc.
This position is based in Saint-Etienne near Lyon in France in a brand-new state-of-art 5000 m2 workshop. The role will require international travel and long flexible hours. We offer a competitive salary, full time/permanent contract (CDI under French law) and the possibility to grow within the team.
Please apply including CV and remuneration expectations.