This is a full time, permanent role for an experienced GT race engineer.
We are United Autosports and we are hiring for our next team member. We are leaders in the industry with a very exciting future and are looking for our next Race Engineer who will be responsible for the management and performance of our race cars. To attend races and test events to define and deliver a performance program to a high standard.
- Race Engineer
- Define the race car setup in partnership with the engineering team.
- Define the run plans in partnership with the engineering team to allow efficient program delivery and overall team learning.
- Deliver the race strategy as defined to ensure a best race finishing position.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and functions using company standard communication protocols.
- Work collaboratively with the other race engineers within the team to promote overall team performance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the race car safety, legality, reliability, and performance.
- Produce informative pre- and post-event reports to include analysis of areas to improve performance and competitor analysis.
- Populate and distribute all assigned company documentation.
- Engineering team
- Work within the engineering team to manage assigned work as part of the company projects and task list.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver performance and operational improvement projects.
- Positively contribute ideas and feedback to the management of the company projects and tasks list.
- Company Reputation
- Ensure the company’s reputation is always maintained at the highest level.
- Identify any issues that may harm the company’s reputation and harness the resources of the team to address the issues immediately.
- Ensure that company presentation levels are maintained at the highest standards.
Requirements and Skills.
- Degree level engineering or relevant science qualifications.
- This role is full-time based at our business headquarters in Leeds in addition to extensive foreign travel to events.
- Demonstrate previous competence and success in an engineering role in a top-level motorsport discipline with experience of endurance racing with GT and Prototype preferred.
- Experience and competence with motorsport electronic data systems such as, Pi Toolbox, McLaren Atlas, Magnetti Marelli, Bosch, TAG.
- Experience and competence with motorsport timing and strategy systems such as RaceWatch and HH.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate good organisation and communication skills as well as fault analysis and rectification.
- Proven ability to maintain and positive, calm, and professional disposition at all times.
- Ability to present work effectively to team members, peers, and management.
There will be extensive travel in this role.
The role requires international / European travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is an exciting time to join United Autosports in a pivotal role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you.