An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the fastest growing global motorsport teams. United Autosports is an established championship and race-winning team contesting multiple endurance racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of some of the most iconic historic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire but will include significant international travel.
We are looking for a confident, organised and driven Marketing Executive who wants to join our team. The role is hugely varied and gives the opportunity to work on a wide range of marketing and media activities both at our HQ and race events.
The successful applicant will report directly to our Marketing Manager.
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break - weekend and evening work will be required. The role will require domestic and international travel and a willingness to work the hours a role of this kind requires. For those who do not have motorsport experience, while this isn’t an issue, it is important to highlight the nature of this industry is very unique and demanding.
Our ideal candidate is high-energy, creative with a keen eye for detail and takes pride in building great relationships and delivering high quality outputs. They will enjoy rolling up their sleeves and taking charge of what needs to be done, working calmly under pressure and creating a memorable marketing experience for our fans, sponsors, drivers, stakeholders and more as a dynamic service orientated executive.
The motorsport industry is very demanding and so it is really important that the successful candidate is prepared for the intensity of travel within a growing business. The opportunity for the right candidate will provide a supercharged career ladder within a highly respected team. We are looking for that person to grow with us. It is a pressurised environment but the excitement and benefits of this position, will, for the right person will far outweigh your usual marketing experience.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to plan, deliver and analyse marketing activities across a range of channels including organic, paid, social, email, audio and press
- Create on-brand written content for a variety of channels, objectives and audiences including post-race reports, social media captions, website driver profiles and more
- Build and publish engaging and exciting social media activity, ensuring all content is on-brand and optimised by channel
- Assist with marketing and sponsorship events including but not limited to personal appearance days by drivers, sponsor launch events and tours of the United workshop
- Support with proposals, post-event analysis and presentations to senior management
- Take ownership for the entirety of an international Championship from pre-event planning through to onsite management, running social media to writing race reports and everything else in between. Other responsibilities will include media scheduling, driver management, photoshoot logistics, fulfilment of stakeholder marketing requirements, press officer duties and content management
- Create a suite of digital assets that can be located and used by partners in accordance with their partnership rights, and take responsibility for keeping the same updated
Experience and Skills
- A strong communicator both in person and through the written word
- Keen eye for detail both in print but also in process and day-to-day project management
- Calm, considered and collected in high-pressure situations
- Professional and credible, always upholding the reputation of United Autosports
- Emotionally intelligent - able to work with a variety of different personality styles
- Trustworthy with highly sensitive information such as driver announcements and series entries, car livery designs
- Organised and proactive with time management – a self-starter
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a nice to have but not essential
- Confident content writer
- Background in marketing and / or account management
- Willingness to travel
- Enthusiasm and drive
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The candidate will be required to be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is an exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you to HR@unitedautosports.com