For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Machinist Apprentice to join us in September 2023. Working from our modern Milton Keynes campus, as part of our open minded, dynamic & inclusive environment, you will gain specialist skills from our championship winning team but also a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship - all whilst making a valuable contribution to our F1 car.
- As a Machinist Apprentice within a fast-moving environment of diverse technical challenges you will learn to read and interpret technical engineering drawings making use of CAD/CAM systems in place, understand data and documentation used to be able to manufacture low-volume precision components for our formula 1 cars.
- These will be made from a wide variety of materials on the latest cutting-edge CNC machinery in our state of the art Machine Shop.
- You will develop a good range of machining skills, as well as learn to operate the relevant inspection equipment to measure the components accurately.
- Adhere to and maintain standard operating procedures for machine processes and other operations.
- Contribute to our Continuous Improvement activities
To be considered you will need:
- 5 GCSE's grade 9 – 4 (A*- C)
- including Maths, English and Science
- to demonstrate some practical skills – These can have been developed at school or working on personal projects at home
- a passion for winning, with a good working ethic and willingness to learn
- Team spirit, creativity, sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and reliably
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency
- Able to travel daily to our Milton Keynes Campus and Milton Keynes College
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity for you to start your career, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Technology. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our generous bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, free on-site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to our championship winning grand prix cars.
Mon, 22 May 2023