Full-time opening for a gearbox mechanic that will travel with the INDYCAR team to races and tests as needed. Needs to be proficient in retaining training procedures and following CGR build guidelines. Must be able to maintain CGR’s level of quality control, work with R&D, and be a contributing factor to the overall performance of CGR. Competitive pay, excellent benefits package, including 401k, paid time off and incentive programs. Professional appearance, dependable, team-player and willing to get the work done right and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making the necessary adjustments to the gear box according to established procedures for each race and test event by collaborating with Chief Mechanics, & Engineers.
- Meeting specified deadlines for installing gear boxes during race car preparation while maintaining CGR’s level of quality control.
- Traveling with the team to races and tests to ensure gear box is properly functioning in preparation for successful on-track performance.
- Troubleshooting gear box performance issues and properly diagnosing malfunctions by analyzing on track performance data and feedback from Engineers.
- Collaborating with R&D engineers in monitoring gear box performance, having a direct impact on car speed, qualifying and race results.
- Maintaining accurate records of changes on all adjustable components of the gear box during post-race teardown.
- Maintaining accurate records of parts milage during the event and helping maintain the parts life database.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding and willing to learn set-up specifications for race cars and gear boxes and the appropriate safety mechanisms for each component.
- Must be able to interpret, follow build sheets and R&D guidelines.
- Intimate knowledge of mechanical components, electronics and structural framework of race cars and gear boxes.
- Must be proficient in using precision measuring devices.
- Must be able to retain knowledge that will be provided during the training period.
- Will be privileged to R&D projects that will be expected to remain confidential.
- Must be able to communicate and have open conversations with managers, engineers, and coworkers.
- Must demonstrate good attitude and respectful work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.