Prodrive is one of the world's leading motorsport business. For more than 30 years, we have been running race and rallying programs for some of the biggest names in the sport, including Aston Martin, Subaru, Ford, Porsche, Honda, BMW and MINI. At the same time, we provide race and rally cars for private teams.
We are recruiting a Data Engineer to join the Rally Engineering team. The role takes responsibility for the vehicle’s data architecture, ensures quality of the information gathered and performs relevant analysis for the evaluation and optimisation of the rally car’s performance and reliability.
- Travelling role: Data Engineer at all test and rally events of the World Rally Raid Championship
- Car sensor specification, calibration, and testing for Events and pre-Event testing in accordance with guidelines set by the Rally Engineering Group. Ensure that car commences each event, and is maintained throughout, with the optimum configuration
- Prompt publication of accurate and detailed Engineering documents before (simulation analysis, sensitivity studies, system configuration) and after each Event and pre-Event test (data findings, simulation correlation, performance of failsafe strategies, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate data findings to Rally Engineers and lead data troubleshooting efforts at test and rally events. Capable of using data processing and analysis as a decision-making tool
- Ensure good communication with the crew, engine, and design groups regarding all channel strategies, whether to monitor, control, or failsafe contingencies. Additionally, ensure that driver requests are communicated appropriately within the team
- Proficiency in data analysis software programs (e.g., Motec i2, WinDarab, ATLAS, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition hardware (loom, data logger, sensor technologies, etc.) and relevant software
- Good understanding of vehicle dynamics theory and application
- Ability to develop internal tools/software for data processing and analysis
- Educated to Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g., Mechanical or Automotive Engineering)
- Candidate should ideally have experience of working in a similar role engineering for a Manufacturer Team in the WRC or Rally Raid
- Successful candidate will preferably have knowledge of Rally car design and architecture
What can we offer you?
- An attractive salary which will grow in line with your ongoing development and impact
- 25 days holiday (which increases with long service) with an opportunity to purchase up to 15 extra days
- Training opportunities for continuing professional development
- Onsite subsidised staff restaurant
- Car and pension salary sacrifice schemes
- Exercise classes
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Consultations with our Fit 4 Life expert
- Social events throughout the year
- Exclusive company discounts
- Life assurance
- We are an equal opportunities employer
At Prodrive we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.