Alpine Racing Ltd have a leadership opportunity to join the team as Head of Legal at our site in Enstone, Oxfordshire.
Head of Legal – The position
Your core responsibility will be to provide top-quality overall legal support and guidance as a proactive, transparent, pragmatic “business partner” across a variety of legal areas such as corporate, commercial, regulatory (including FIA-related matters), procurement, compliance, corporate governance, data protection and other general legal affairs related to the business, while working collaboratively across the organization.
Key duties include:
- Managing the local team of legal staff.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide range of commercial agreements across a broad spectrum of areas applicable to the organization (sponsorship-related activities generally out of scope).
- Advising in respect of FIA regulatory, compliance and contract negotiation-related matters.
- Ensuring contentious matter management, including coordination and guidance as to representation of the organisation before the courts.
- Representing and protecting the interests of the organisation before official bodies (including control and supervisory bodies).
- Ensuring proper corporate governance, including development of related internal policies and procedures.
- Planning and ensuring the completion of matters to the highest standards and when delegating work, providing necessary guidance, and setting realistic deadlines.
- Serving as a local point of contact on relevant compliance matters and overseeing related training, including development, improvement and upgrade of related internal policies and procedures (as needed).
Head of Legal – The person
We are looking for a qualified solicitor (in England and Wales) with 7-10 years relevant post qualified with sports industry experience (including motorsport / F1) and preferably previous experience as a lawyer in a multinational law firm. You will have in-depth knowledge of relevant key areas of law and provide relevant and business-friendly advice, coordinate / review the work of others and gain respect and trust of colleagues across the organisation. Significant knowledge of all key areas of law and regulation, preferably including experience related to FIA regulatory, compliance and contract negotiation-related matters.
Fluent (spoken and written) in English, including as concerns legal terminology and documentation. While not a must, fluency in French would be an advantage.
Our offer to you
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer a team who is truly ambitious with their goals, with a unique and friendly working environment and competitive remuneration – including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen, and many others.
Alpine Racing Ltd strives to be diverse and inclusive, a place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.