Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide insight, guidance, and knowledge across Formula 1 towards the development of future and current DevOps practices & processes.
- Implement and manage Kubernetes processes and deployments, ensuring efficient container orchestration and scalability.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, Team City, and other relevant tools, automating software build, test, and deployment processes.
- Utilize Terraform to design and provision infrastructure as code, enabling scalable and repeatable deployment of resources.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to streamline software delivery processes and enhance collaboration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and deployment issues, working closely with crossfunctional teams.
- Implement security best practices using DevSecOps principles such as Infrastructure-ascode scanning, static code analysis, and security automation. Continuously research and evaluate new tools and technologies to improve automation, efficiency, and productivity.
- Maintain and update documentation related to infrastructure, deployments, and processes.
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and growth.
- To be a technical stakeholder as the DevOps representative within projects and standups.
- To be a key part in designing and developing Formula 1’s SDLC.
- To produce system reports and statistics as required
- To produce root cause analysis reports in case of failures and issues
- To attend meetings when requested
- To be available to work on systems outside of usual ‘Business Hours’, both planned and any potential unplanned work
- To keep abreast of developments in Industry and consider proactively how these may be incorporated into the Formula 1 system
Degree, HND/C in IT related Subject (or relevant experience)
AWS Solutions DevOps Professional (or other related qualification)
AWS experience working with security groups, VPC’s, containers (ECS), IAM, and S3.
GIT (ideally Bitbucket)
Windows & Linux OS
Working on SDLC’s
Jira (or equivilent)
Infrastructure experience (TCP/IP Networks, DNS, Active Directory)
Sonar Suite (Sonarqube & Cloud)
Message queue & bus technologies
Ability to work with other teams to fulfil initiative requirements. Able to communicate effectively
Able to organize meetings
Self-motivated and organized
A good flexible & adaptable attitude
Pro-active with a can-do attitude
Ability to work independently