TOYOTA GAZOO Racing World Rally Team (TGR-WRT) is a unique high-performance development and competition oriented company based in Jyväskylä, Finland.
TGR-WRT is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Toyota Motor Corporation and is the home of TOYOTA’s World Rally Championship works team as well as the headquarters for TOYOTA’s customer motorsport rally operations.
The World Rally Team is operated by a dedicated team of 160 colleagues.
We are now looking for a Design Engineer to strengthen our Design team in Jyväskylä Finland
In this position as a Designer, your job includes mechanical design of rally car components to achieve performance for competition, reliability as well as cost and weight requirements.
To succeed in this position you need to have experience of 3D modeling (CATIA) and practical knowledge of geometrical production specifications. Depending on the position's level, you also need experience from mechanical engineering/design or experience from motorsport car chassis/components engineering/design. Experience from vehicle dynamics engineering and rally car development, engineering and/or designing are seen as an advantage.
Apply between 14 April 2023 and 8 May 2023 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full time, valid until further notice
Who we are looking for
We wish you to have a automotive and/or motorsport engineering educational background as well as experience from working in the field. We appreciate good communication- and team work skills, motivated attitude as well as ability to solve problems initiatively.
What we need from you
- 3D modelling (CATIA) experience
- Good English, both written and oral
- Suitable educational background
- Similar previous work experience
What we would also like from you
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Self motivated attitude
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to function and thrive even under pressure
- An extensive healthcare plan as well as workers’ compensation insurance, extended to cover leisure-time accidents
- Smartum wellbeing benefit - for exercise, culture and massage
- Exciting projects and innovation to get things moving
- Challenging, fulfilling workplace in a multi-cultural company within a positive atmosphere - driven by fascination and passion
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing World Rally Team Oy
Toyota’s history in motorsports dates back more than 60 years.
Having raced in all manner of motorsports throughout the world, Toyota’s major successes gained under the most extreme conditions serve as the flesh and blood for building tomorrow’s cars.
In order to embody the concept of “Roads Build People and Cars,” Toyota refines every aspect of its cars on the world’s roads and unsparingly applies the knowledge and technology gained in this way as feedback.
All is for “building ever-better cars.”
Holding this philosophy which has remained unchanged for more than 60 years, Toyota continues to push the limits.