Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014.
We require a software engineer to join our vehicle performance team to develop and maintain our in house software tools.
- Working with the vehicle science team to elicit and specify requirements.
- Development of tools such as:
- Vehicle setup configuration and analysis.
- Vehicle and system models.
- Optimal control solvers.
- Race energy planning
- Delivering tested and verified robust solutions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- A degree in a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in requirements elicitation, analysis and specification.
- Good knowledge of C#, WPF, SQL and database schemas.
- Familiarity with race car vehicle dynamics and setup procedures.
- Experience developing vehicle models and solvers.
- Matlab and Simulink.
- Winforms for legacy applications.
- Used to working to own initiative
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Works methodically with attention to detail
- Leads by example, can and will motivate his/her team & peers
- Personal flexibility to work hours as required including from time to time working in weekends
- Practical approach by using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Head of off car software / Head of Vehicle Performance Group