We are currently seeking an outstanding Technical Director to join our race team, a group of passionate and high performing individuals who are driven by a desire to succeed in the sport.
The Technical Director will work closely with the engineering group to drive technical planning and coordination across all relevant engineering and design functions, to ultimately deliver increased performance on the track.
What Is On Offer:
- Established team, with wealth of experience and capability to reach for the stars
- Progressive industry leading culture in a dynamic workplace, high performing and supportive
- Career progression & professional development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package including all meals, travel, accommodation and transfers whilst away from workshop
Reporting to the Team Manager, your main responsibility is to deliver improved performance across both car set ups through collaboration with and direction of the engineering group. The role is based at the team workshop in in Mt Waverley VIC, and involves travel with Team 18 to all V8 Supercar Championship races around Australia:
- Work cohesively with the Team 18 engineering group to meet timelines and in order to satisfy the expectations and obligations of the Supercar Championship schedule
- Provide leadership and input to support the engineering team in developing and communicating target specifications for the future cars
- Coordinate continual review of technical plans and car programme delivery, to drive improvement in car performance
- Develop strong relationships and open communication with drivers, to ensure messaging and feedback is conveyed to the broader team to facilitate required change
- Identify variances and support solution identification at track
The Right Person for the role will have:
- Experience in engineering program management, or strategy experience, within a high performance motorsport environment
- Outstanding communication and reporting skills, at all levels
- An energetic and resilient approach, with a strong work ethic and drive for continuous improvement
- The ability to represent themselves and Team 18 with positivity and professionalism
In return we offer the right candidate an industry leading culture, excellent working conditions, ongoing support and competitive remuneration.
If this role is of interest and you feel you can bring energy and commitment to the team, please contact Team Manager, Bruin Beasley, at email@example.com or +61438 530 698.