Scuderia AlphaTauri is looking for a brilliant Surface Designer is to generate the aerodynamic surfaces required to support the aerodynamic development programme to join our team in Bicester (UK).
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Develop and maintain robust multi level parametric CAD surface files suitable for use by Aerodynamicists
Asses surface quality and ensure FIA legality of all group project surface files. Feedback suggested improvements as necessary
Develop time saving efficiencies within the surface model structures
Work with CAD specialists to develop software improvements, including macros, to add efficiencies to the surfacing process
Monitor and adjust Aero project tracking software to suit varying workload and deadlines
Finalise files, including legality checks, of surface to be released to full size production
To work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and be pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department / team/ sponsors
Provide flexible attendance and attitude to work, both in line with the requirements of the role and any specific requirements of the projects
Support the smooth operation of the department by taking on additional responsibilities in times of need or resource shortage
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Degree in Engineering.
- Excellent UG NX CAD skills.
- Microsoft Office literate.
- Deadline driven.
- Clear and concise communication, verbally and with the use of email.
- Ability to plan and manage own workloads.
- Ability to prioritise under tight deadlines.
- Able to feedback suggestions for improvements.
- Continual critical self-assessment.
- Continual personal development with bias to time and quality efficiencies.
- Degree in Engineering
- Travel 0-10%