About this role:
As a Simulation Software Engineer, you will be responsible for utilizing and developing advanced vehicle simulation tools, driver-in-the-loop simulator, tire data, wind tunnel data and test data to assist in setup and vehicle development. You will also be responsible for model validation, correlation, and troubleshooting any discrepancies found in that work and assist with the continued development of all predictive modeling tools.
If you have a great attitude and exhibit passion, ownership, and excellence in all you do then we would love to meet you!
- Perform vehicle simulation model validation and correlation
- Troubleshoot issues with vehicle simulations and correlation
- Assist with the advancement of current simulation tools and the development of new tools to assist in race weekend performance
- Collaborate with race team engineers on the development of vehicle setups and simulation needs
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Excellent understanding of vehicle dynamics principles required
- Experience with utilizing vehicle simulation tools on vehicle development required
- Previous experience with suspension kinematics design and vehicle simulation required
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, energy and structural analysis required
- Advanced computer skills required. Experience in Engineering software, such as MATLAB or similar software required
- Experience in the following programming languages C#, Python, VBA or similar programming languages required
- Racing experience preferred
- Knowledge of racing tires and tire modeling preferred
- Must be highly analytical with the ability to make recommendations supported by data trends
- Must be thorough with a strong sense of attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must work well under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build internal relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Self-motivated, driven, success-oriented individual with collaborative communication style
- The determination to work harder than anyone you know
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefit package with 401k and company match
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- Structured career development – a team of industry experts here to support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals
RFK Racing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. We welcome all qualified job seekers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
For over 50 years, Jack Roush has been committed to performance, having won 31 championships and more than 400 races in drag racing, sports car, and stock car racing. Roush Fenway Keselowski Racing boasts eight championships in NASCAR’s top three divisions and has established itself as a dominant force in the sport.
At RFK, we believe our success is tied to our core values and work ethic. We value our competitive spirit while working relentlessly and professionally as an individual and a team in our community. We are all committed to do what it takes to achieve success. The review below all based around five of our core values. It is our belief that these values will help drive RFK forward to continued success in motorsports.