Our Set Up Development Manager will have the opportunity to directly manage RFK Racing’s set up development and staff (3-5~ employees) to contribute to winning races for our two NASCAR Cup Series teams. You will be responsible for:
- Building and executing strategy to assist race teams in optimizing vehicle set ups; pre-event, post event and testing
- Developing and managing key set up related tools and processes, plus any new tools added. Current assets include:
- 8 Post
- DIL efforts
- Guide team, production, and engineering groups by routinely and clearly communicating areas for growth and/or ideas to improve and then solicit/implement their ideas
- Attend test (Team and WFT) as well as race weekends and War Room as needed
- Mentor and recruit race engineers
- Work directly with software groups to develop and optimize SIM correlation and overall function
- Drive digital and documented culture
- Notify Team Director of any parts or processes done to the car that may not be compliant with NASCAR specifications as defined in the rule book
This position is onsite, located at our headquarters in Concord, NC with a typical work schedule of Monday through Friday, including travel.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefit package with 401k and company match
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- Structured career development – a team of industry experts here to support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year direct management experience
- Engineer degree a plus
- OEM/Automotive/Racing industry experience a plus
RFK Racing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. We welcome all qualified job seekers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
For over 50 years, Jack Roush has been committed to performance, having won 31 championships and more than 400 races in drag racing, sports car, and stock car racing. Roush FullFenway Keselowski Racing boasts eight championships in NASCAR’s top three divisions and has established itself as a dominant force in the sport.
At RFK, we believe our success is tied to our core values and work ethic. We value our competitive spirit while working relentlessly and professionally as an individual and a team in our community. We are all committed to do what it takes to achieve success. The review below all based around five of our core values. It is our belief that these values will help drive RFK forward to continued success in motorsports.
RELENTLESS :We never settle, and we get the job done no matter what it takes. We don’t just see the opportunity; we pursue it until we’re successful.
PROFESSIONALISM: We operate with and take pride in being respectful, organized, and dedicated. We are characterized by our attitude, attire, and the way we communicate with each other.
INNOVATIVE: We encourage sharing of ideas for continuous improvement. We are not afraid to fail, be creative and push for new ways to be better, more efficient, and faster.
TEAMWORK: We exist as a team to support each other in creating a superior work environment and delivering exceptional results. We are dependable and are willing to step up to help each other whenever and wherever needed.
SELF STARTER: We continually strive to learn more to advance our own skills and performance and explore new ways to improve our capabilities and contributions.